Renew Armidale will follow the successful ‘Renew Newcastle’ model by working with and supporting property owners who have vacant building to make them available. It is always up to the property owner to define the terms and agree what type of project will take place in their empty space. Property owners or Landlords can be involved for a long or short term.
Typically, the properties will be available on a rolling basis (30 days) but that is not to say it can be for a fixed or longer term or until a future redevelopment happens. Renew Armidale will undertake basic maintenance, remove graffiti and ensure the buildings remain as an asset rather than a liability.
Renew Armidale have taken out comprehensive insurances and have a diverse board overseeing the project and will work with the property owners to ensure the space is matched to a use that is appropriate and adds to the value of the space and its surrounds.
This, of course, has the following benefits:
• The space is being looked after and used – which will help reduce crime, graffiti and vandalism
• Activity in the space will contribute to a more stimulating neighbourhood and drive further activity and attract commercial activity and longer-term prospects.
Why it is easy to be involved for a property owner:
• Short term rolling agreements with a 30-day notice period which will allow easy vacation
• The project participants will use the space for a variety and range of cultural and community purposes
• All project participants will fall under the responsibility of Renew Armidale
• Your space can stay actively on the market ‘For Lease’ or ‘For Sale’ with easy access for viewing and if a commercial tenant is found – 30 day’s notice is all that is given.
If you are interested – please contact email@example.com